Classroom management is a whole process. Being a teacher, you have to keep an eye on a number of factors to make your class organized, disciplined and managed. You have to deal with noisy students, disruptive students and late comers. Today we will give you some tips to deal with students who often come late in classroom:
Set Clear Rules
First of all, you should set clear rules regarding punctuality. Students should know that there are clear and defined rules about punctuality. They should be aware of the consequences of being late. They also need to know that those consequences will definitely be applied every time they will get late.
Don’t Let Late Comers Disrupt Class
When a student gets late, allow him to sit on seat but do not address him at that time. If you will start scolding that student during lecture, it will disrupt whole class and other students will start enjoying this situation. Do not let a late comer disrupt flow of your lecture.
Ask Students to do Previous Work
Always follow up lateness and make sure students are doing missed work as well. You can also use this as a consequence for lateness. Ask late comers to complete their previous work regardless of their excuses. You can listen to their problems and excuses but make sure to give them work which they should do in break or at home.
Encourage Students to Come on Time
To encourage students to come to class on time, give them rewards and acknowledge them. Make students understand that good attendance is easy to achieve so everyone of them can make it possible. To further motivate students, you can also conduct a sort of competition between different groups.
Keep Record of Lateness
Also manage to keep records. Ask students to fill a form in which they should give reason of late arrival along with arriving time. Send copies of these forms to students’ home along with a notification bearing consequences.
If you just have graduated, you will be seeking a job for a teacher. But getting a job as a teacher is not as easy because most of the institutes demand experienced teachers. In such situation, you can only get a job by impressing your interviewer. You can do so by answering all the questions appropriately and confidently. Here are some general tips for teaching job interview:
- First of all create teacher portfolio to take it on interviews. Place all documents in a quality folder to keep all things together.
- First way to impress an interviewer is to dress appropriately. Wear a nice and clean dress when going for a teaching job interview. You can also get a nice haircut to enhance you looks. If you are a man, please shave nicely. If you do not want to shave trim hair to get a nice look. Also check details about other accessories like shoes. You should look like a professional by your entire appearance.
- Arrive early on interview venue but do not arrive too early. You should be there about ten minutes before actual time given to you.
- Try to get some information about your potential employer. Carefully read their mission statement so that you can answer interview questions with reference to the purpose of institute.
- Foresee the questions which may be asked along with their answers which you will give. For having a look on sample questions, you can also search online to have an idea what might be asked.
- Get prepared to speak to a panel of teachers because teacher interview often takes form of a team interview. After walking into room, introduce yourself to all persons by shaking hand and making eye contact. Do not give a dead fish handshake and do not let your eye contact develop into a stare either. Be a good listener and listen to their names carefully and try to remember their designations.
- Answer all questions positively and avoid mockery. You should be honest and not try to lie as your lies will definitely sound different and will go against you.
- You will also be asked about your favorite lesson so be prepared to talk much about it. Make sure your favorite lesson is student centered.
- You should also prepare some questions which you will ask. At the end of interview, you will be asked if you also have some questions. You can ask questions about hiring process, need for supporting documents, demo lesson etc.