Teacher introduction letter is an important document as it lets parents know who is teaching their kids. It also helps making a positive first impression on parents. This letter should be written in a professional way so that parents may get inspired with your confidence, competency and proficiency. Here are some tips on how to write a teacher introduction letter:
- In the first or opening paragraph, you need to welcome parents and let them know that you have an aim of spending a productive academic year with kids. Express your wish to work in cooperation with parents. You should make them feel that you love to teach and are very pleased to be a teacher of their kid. If you are going to teach in place of another teacher, mention starting and ending dates.
- Next paragraph of the letter should contain your education and experience. Tell parents about your qualification and also mention how many years you have been teaching. It is also better to mention where you taught and what subjects and ages you have taught in past. In your educational background, you can add major degree along with areas of specialty.
- In third paragraph, describe your personality by mentioning your interests, hobbies and talents. This kind of information will make parents feel that you are an active and interesting person who is lively and can bring the same life to classroom.
- Finally, mention educational and social goals of yours. Tell parents when they will receive your classroom policies and other details. Also invite parents to get in touch with you if they need further information. Welcome them to give suggestions as well.
- Include your contact information along with your type-written name and signature. Contact information may include school phone number, your school email address etc.
- Before sending this letter, ask one of your colleagues to verify it for contents and spelling and grammar mistakes.
These were some tips to write teacher introduction letter. After writing it, post it on class home page on internet, so that parents can read as whenever they need.